There Used To Be Clocks Here

Syracuse - Connecticut Reactions

That was another legendary game in MSG.
I have seen quite a lot of Syracuse games. I was in Albany when Syracuse made it to the Final Four. I was in the Carrier Dome when Syracuse won the National Championship. I was courtside in Madison Square Garden for all four Big East Tournament games in 2006. But this game, was easily the best Syracuse/UConn game, was easily the best Big East Game, was easily the best fought game, I have ever seen. Syracuse beats #4 Connecticut in six overtimes (the second longest game in NCAA history) 127 to 117.

Jonny Flynn was Syracuse’s leading scorer. He earned 34 points, 11 assists, and made 16 of 16 from the free throw line. He played an amazing game and carried the team through these overtime periods. He played an inconceivable 67 minutes of game time.

Andy Rautins was spectacular hitting tough three after tough three. He made six of 12 threes overall and was absolutely ice cold in the overtime to keep us in this ball game. Ridiculous.

I’m sorry to have to cut this short, but I’m leaving for my Spring Break trip, so I will get back to you on this and the game tonight very soon. Until then, savor it. Savor it well, for there can be no doubters that Syracuse now owns Connecticut in the Big East Tournament. There is also no doubt that you witnessed something special and you may never see again. This is why I love the Big East Tournament.

Labels: , , ,

2 Responses to “Syracuse - Connecticut Reactions”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    So, I was watching kinda on and off for the first half, a good portion of the second half, including the buzzer-beater that wasn't...and then the game refused to end.

    When you're done with spring break, we need stats on the 8 and 9 guys on the squad. (Walk-on rebound FTW!)  

  2. # Blogger OrangeRay

    Unbelievable game. So many heroic moments for players on both teams. Nothing to hang your head about after that game. Flynn has raised his game to a new level the past few games. And Andy Rautins... way to keep up the family legacy.  

Post a Comment

Search

Text-Based Diarrehea